John and Phil discuss first what’s going on in their businesses as of mid-July 2018, then go off topic in the second half talking exercise, hobbies, and more.
- Selling Plugins podcast: Podcast Acquisitions
- Audience Ops
- Post Status Draft podcast: Interview with Brian Casel of Audience Ops
- The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Keeping Your Sh*t Together by Dr. Sherry Walling
See how Scott took an idea, executed and made it a reality. Plus see what other lessons he has learned along his product journey.
In this episode, we sit down with Sara Dunn and try to get inside the mind of a potential customer of a WordPress product.
- For Sara, word of mouth is the biggest influence for purchase decisions, including from Slack and Facebook group discussions.
- Screencasts to show off a premium WordPress product’s admin is a big help.
- Step by step documentation is preferred for onboarding.
- As an agency, Sara strives to remove as many hurdles for her clients as possible, including purchasing WordPress products and activating their licenses.
- There should be an easier way to hand off licenses purchased by agencies to their clients down the road.
- Predictable annual subscription costs keep things simple.
- Most premium plugins don’t seem overpriced for Sara’s B2B client projects.
Hear co-host Phil Derksen’s backstory with products and how he got to where he is today.