Brad Touesnard joins Phil and John to discuss hiring, firing and growing a team around his software business.
- Brad on Twitter
- Delicious Brains
- Delicious Brains 2017 Year in Review post
- WordCamp Europe
- As a founder don’t outsource the marketing tasks at first.
- Have an interview and trial period, but ultimately let your existing team approve new hires.
- You need to be able to rely on your team to communicate issues to you and each other.
- Pay attention to discontent amongst your team.
- Recognize when you, as a founder, are not satisfied with answers to your questions to team members.
- Attempt to warn folks when they aren’t living up to expected standards.
- Don’t wait too long to let someone go if they aren’t a good fit.